Hi, all! I’ve been awfully quiet, and I thought I’d make up for that by introducing you to some amazing authors! February is Women in Horror Month, for those who are unaware. Jaime has some amazing books out there, and she’s got a little something for everyone! Looking for horror? Check out Oh, The Horror! Looking for humor? Check out Bob the Zombie! And she has a new release for children as well, called The Golden Storybook. Without further ado, meet Jaime Johnesee!
1. What genre are your books?
Gosh, I tend to write a bit of everything. I follow my muse and do what she says.
2. Where did the idea for your first book come from?
My first book was in second grade and it was about a superhero pig that rescues a dog. The inspiration came from the fact my mom liked pigs and I wanted her to like the story.
3. What are you currently working on?
I’m currently doing some rewrites on a novel as well as still working on the novelization of Shifters.
4. Where do your book covers come from?
So far I’ve been lucky enough to work with the best. Jeffery Kosh, Matthew Riggenbach, and Thomas Arensberg.
5. Where do you see your writing career five years from now?
I see it flourishing. I know I’ll do my part to make it happen by putting out the highest quality work I can.
6. What is your favorite part of the writing process?
My favorite part is when the idea hits and you’re able to start writing and bringing that idea to life.
7. What is your least favorite part of the writing process?
Editing. I go through each piece three or four times before I turn it over to an editor or publisher.
8. How do you write? Outlining, a few short notes that become a book, just sit down and write, etc?
I just sit and let the character tell their tale.
9. What message do you want your readers to take away from your books?
I don’t know if I really have a message other than I want them to be entertained.
10. What do you want to say, personally, to your readers right now?
I want to thank all of you for sticking with me and helping me through. The feedback I get from you guys (positive and negative) has really helped me to learn and grow as an author so please don’t stop letting me know what you honestly think.
1. If you were only allowed to read one book for the rest of your life, what would that book be?
The Golden Storybook 😉 (Hee hee I cheated.)
2. If you could be any book character, who would you want to be?
Rachel Morgan or Anita Blake. (The Anita from Hamilton’s earlier novels.)
3. If you could be anything at all, overnight, what career other than being an author would you choose?
I’d love to go back to being a zoo keeper.
4. What one item could you not live without?
My family. They’re an item, right? A family unit? (Again, with the cheating!)
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspirations are the people who reach for their dreams no matter the personal tragedies and roadblocks that stand in their way. Also those who go through hell and keep a smile on their face so as not to let the rest of us know they’re going through things. (My sister Felicia Corona springs to mind.)
Gah! There are too many.
Melanistic Jaguar (One species known as a black panther. The other is a melanistic leopard.)
Tie between Billie Holiday’s version of Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off and My Best Friend’s Girl by The Cars.
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Spring and Fall are tied for me.
Bob The Valentine
Dating is dead difficult. It’s even worse when you’re undead. Bob is back and this time he’s celebrating Valentine’s Day. February Fourteenth is the perfect time to ask a crush out on a date, even if your luck runs more toward that of a disaster movie than a romance. After all, what’s the worst that could happen?
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Valentine-Jaime-Johnesee-ebook/dp/B00I7VKHHA/
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bob-Valentine-Jaime-Johnesee-ebook/dp/B00I7VKHHA/
Thank you, Jaime, for a lovely interview. For anyone looking for more information on where to connect with Jaime, check out the links below!
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Jaime-Johnesee/e/B007P5CLDW/