A day late and a dollar short! This week, running behind, is my interview with Trish Marie Dawson, a truly wonderful author. She writes The Station series, and has just released the third installment this week. Without further ado, here’s the interview!
1. What genre are your books? They range from YA/NA to Adult Fantasy.
2. Where did the idea for your first book come from? The ideas for all of my books generally come from dreams. I write them all down so I can go back and use them later for stories.
3. What are you currently working on? Right now I’m ALMOST ready to publish the third book in my Station Series. Once it is released, I’ll start work on something new before diving into the third book of my other series.
4. Where do your book covers come from? I’ve had two people help me with my covers…one is a dear friend who has done all my covers for me, with the exception of ‘The Well Collector’, which was done by the lovely Miranda Stork.
5. Where do you see your writing career five years from now? Oh wow…I guess I see it as thriving! Right now I can pay bills with my writing income but it would be nice to have enough to live off of. One day. 😉
6. What is your favorite part of the writing process? Probably publishing – I love to get them out there. But as for the actual ‘writing’ part, perhaps the beginning, when I have to do my research and name characters and figure out where the plot will go.
7. What is your least favorite part of the writing process? Editing. Just…YUCK.
8. How do you write? Outlining, a few short notes that become a book, just sit down and write, etc? I have to figure out names and places, after I have notes for all of that, I just start writing. BUT as I get further into the story, an outline, even if it’s just a loose one, is beneficial for sure.
9. What message do you want your readers to take away from your books? I guess it depends on which book they read! LOL For my Station Series, the story is about a young woman who has committed suicide but is given another chance by redeeming herself later. I hope readers don’t see suicide as an option, but as the painful experience it is for the victim and their family. I also want those who have lost someone to suicide, as I have, to imagine them in a better place…free of pain and doing something that makes them happy. My other books are much lighter and I just hope that readers are entertained and lost in the story line.
10. What do you want to say, personally, to your readers right now? I love each and every one of them. Truly. Without someone reading my books, they wouldn’t be as much fun to continue writing. I love my job and would do it regardless of what others thought, but knowing people really enjoy my books is so rewarding.
1. If you were only allowed to read one book for the rest of your life, what would that book be? ONE? Oh wow. I don’t think I could pick one. I couldn’t do it. Picking just ONE would violate the Book Lover Code.
2. If you could be any book character, who would you want to be? Yikes, this is hard too! I think I’d have to make this a blanket statement and just say I’d love to be a female character in any book with a hot male lead. It’s Fiction…anything could happen! LOL
3. If you could be anything at all, overnight, what career other than being an author would you choose? I’d still want to be some sort of Artist. A Photographer perhaps.
4. What one item could you not live without? My Burt’s Bees chapstick.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration? My children.
Holiday? St. Patty’s Day
Song? Right now that would probably be Radioactive.
Band/Artist? ^^^ Imagine Dragons – for today.
Dying to Return is the 3rd book in the YA/NA Fantasy, The Station Series. Piper Willow’s adventure in the afterlife continues as she struggles to discover who she is and what is expected of her. Faced with decisions that could change everything, she must weigh her desire to be with the ones she has come to love, or satisfy her curiosity and find out what lies beyond her world with someone new. What Piper experiences and the choices she makes could not only alter the delicate inner workings of the Station, but the delicate balance that Piper has managed to maintain inside herself. In the end, will it all be worth it?
Dying to Forget – the first in The Station Series, is FREE online. Be sure to grab your copy from Amazon or Smashwords. The second book in the series, Dying to Remember, is also available online.
Thank you so much for joining me today! I’m personally looking forward to grabbing your latest release!